13. Most chemical plants use an initial working capital amounting to 10-20% of the total capital investment. But this percentage may increase to __________ percent in case of seasonal products manufacturing plant.
14. According to six-tenths-factor rule, if the cost of a given unit at one capacity is known, then the cost of similar unit with ” times the capacity of the first unit is approximately equal to __________ times the cost of the initial unit.
28. An investment of Rs. 100 lakhs is to be made for construction of a plant, which will take two years to start production. The annual profit from the operation of the plant is Rs. 20 lakhs. What will be the pay back time?
43. ‘Utilities’ in a chemical process plant includes compressed air, steam, water, electrical power, oxygen, acetylene, fuel gases etc. Utility costs for ordinary chemical process plants ranges roughly from __________ percent of the total product cost.
45. A reactor having a salvage value of Rs. 10000 is estimated to have a service life of 10 years. The annual interest rate is 10%. The original cost of the reactor was Rs. 80000. The book value of the reactor after 5 years using sinking fund depreciation method will be Rs.
59. ‘Lang factor’ is defined as the ratio of the capital investment to the delivered cost of major equipments. The value of ‘Lang factor’ for fixed capital investment, for a solid-fluid processing chemical plant ranges from
72. Chemical engineering plant cost index is used for finding the present cost of a particular chemical plant, if the cost of similar plant at some time in the past is known. The present cost of the plant = original cost x (index value/(index value at original cost was obtained)The most major component of this cost index is
91. Fixed capital investment of a chemical plant is the total amount of money needed to supply the necessary plant and manufacturing facilities plus the working capital for operation of the facilities. Which of the following components of fixed capital investment requires minimum percentage of it?
104. An annuity is a series of equal payments occuring at equal time intervals, and this amount includes the sum of all payments plus interest, if allowed to accumulate at a definite rate of interest from the time of initial payment to the end of annuity term. Ordinary annuity is used in the calculation of the