3. You want to connect 2 networks that are both lOBaseT Ethernet networks. The 2 networks are located in separate buildings so that they are approximately 1,000 meters apart. Which media should you use?
4. You install Windows NT Server on a computer, making the computer a backup domain controller in an existing domain. After installation, you discover that you used the wrong domain name. What should you do?
5. In your company, 2 Ethernet Networks are connected with a router. All network connections run TCP/IP. Your new client computer can access only the computers on your side of the router. All other computers are able to access one another. What is the most likely cause of the problem?
6. From your client computer, you are able to access several servers on your 10Base2 Ethernet network. However, you are NOT able to access a server names RED. Other client computers are able to access RED. What is the most likely cause of the problem?
10. Assume, you are the administrator of the TUNA domain. You need to allow Lisa from the BASS domain to administrate the TUNA domain while you are on vacation. A one-way trust relationship has been set up so that TUNA trusts BASS. Which group assignments would accomplish your needs?
13. You are setting up a network in a school. You need to network 5 computers for the file and printer sharing. You want to use some donated cable and Ethernet adapters. You identify the donated adapters as ARCnet coaxial network adapters and 10Base2 Ethernet network adapters. You install an Ethernet adapter in each of the 5 computers and connect the donated cable. The computers are NOT able to maintain reliable communication. You suspect that you are NOT using the correct type of coaxial cable. Which type of coaxial cable should you be using?
16. You are installing a network interface card on a computer with the following configuration: a 5867133 CPU, 16MB or RAM, a 800-MB IDE hard disk, a parallel port configured as LPT1, and a serial port configured as COM1, which is currently used by a mouse. In addition to the IDE host adapter and the video card, the following devices have been installed on the computer’s expansion bus: a modem on COM2, a SCSI host adapter for a CD-ROM drive, and a sound card. The SCSI hose adapter is using IRQ 5, and the sound card is using IRQ 11. The network interface card that you are installing supports the following choices for IRQ: 2, 3, 4, 5, 9,10 and 11. Which IRQ(s) could you use for the network interface card without creating an IRQ conflict with another device?
22. You are adding a new server to your network. The network uses TCP/IP. The new server will provide users with dial-up access to network resources. The data link communications protocol you choose for dial-up access must allow you to provide secure authentication. Which protocol should you choose?
23. Maria needs to install software on a Windows NT Server computer which is a backup domain controller. When she attempts to log on to the server, she receives the message “Unable to log on locally”. What must you do to enable Maria to log on to the server?
28. A company has a department that consists of 15 engineers. The engineers have data that needs to be accessible only to their own team. The department continually has engineers arriving and departing, and it is difficult to identify a single administrator for the department Which model would be the best for this situation?
29. A one-way trust relationship has been established in which the RESEARCH domain trusts the TESTING domain. The Guest account is disabled in both domains. As a user belonging to a global group called Testers in the TESTING domain, you want to access a shared directory on a Windows NT Advanced Server in the RESEARCH domain. Which action would give you access?
30. Assume that all users are members of the ACE domain and that most of the resources exist in the PUBS and CAD domains. You are a user with administrator rights in all domains. How would you allow users to access all of the resources, with a minimum set of trust relationships?
36. There are two domains on your network. The DESIGN domain trusts the SALES domain. A color printer is shared in the DESIGN domain, and print permissions have been granted to the Domain Users and Domain Guests groups in the DESIGN domain. The Guest account has been enabled in the DESIGN domain. User John Y logs on using his account in the SALES domain. What must you do to allow JohnY to access the printer?
42. Workstations connected to a port on a modern lOBase-T Ethernet HUB all use the same bandwidth, i.e. the bandwidth is shared across all available ports, the less ports, the less bandwidth available per port
46. You have been given the task of installing cables for an Ethernet network in your office. The building is an older one, and-you have limited work space. In addition, the network cable will have to share the existing conduit with telephone cable, and cable segments will be up to 135 meters in length. Which cable is best suited to this installation?
50. Assume that you are a user of a Windows NT workstation in the SYCON domain, and the Windows NT workstation has local accounts. You wish to have administrative rights to all Windows NT Advanced Servers in the SYCON domain. How would you achieve this with a minimum amount of administration”?
51. As the network administrator, you create a new local group in the RESEARCH domain named R-Editors. The LAB domain trusts the RESEARCH domain. You can assign access permissions to the R-Editors group from
57. Your company uses both Ethernet and token-ring LAN’s in the same building. Users need access to resources and the ability to transmit data between the LAN’s. Which device would you use to enable communications between dissimilar LAN’s that use different protocols?
58. Your 10Base2 Ethernet cable is 185 meters long. You are planning to extend your network by adding another 100 meters of cable. The total length of the cable will be 285 meters. The network uses NetBEUI. Which device should you use?
60. You create home directories for users Jan and Kim on a Windows NT Server computer. Jan works on a Windows NT Workstation computer. Kim works on a Microsoft Windows for Workgroups computer. After they log on, Jan can access her home directory, but Kim cannot access her home directory. What should you do?